Friday, May 21, 2010

I’m From the Country… and I Like it That Way

I believe Tracy Byrd sang the lyrics to this song “that’s where I’m from and I’m proud to say… I’m from the country and I like it that way.” Don’t be surprised if I turn that song up and sing along on the radio this evening on my drive home, out of the bustling city amongst all the other rush hour drivers to head to my house nestled in the country side of central Indiana. Ahhh… the country… it is so peaceful and quiet there and makes me appreciate all the simple things in life.

But all of that aside I have a grant from USDA to mention to you today that is available for cooperatives or associations of cooperatives whose primary focus is to provide assistance to small producers in rural areas and where at least 75 percent of the governing board or membership has an annual gross ag product sales of $250,000 or less. Grants can be used for product improvements, business plan development, or economic development activities of eligible producers. Funds can range up to $200,000 per grant. Applications are due July 27th and more information can be found at http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/rbs/coops/ssdpg/ssdpg.htm  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts with Thumbnails